About the Teff Company: We are a farm-to-fork food manufacturer specializing in the growing and processing of teff, an ancient grain best known as the primary ingredient of injera, the staple in Ethiopian and Eritrean cuisine. Our primary customer base includes store owners and restauranteurs supplying injera or teff for purposes of making injera, and we are continuing to explore different applications for this tasty, nutritious, and versatile ancient grain. You’ll be joining a family-owned company working to deliver high quality teff and teff-based products to consumers and manufacturers in the United States.
Position Summary: The New Markets Sales Manager is a full-time position responsible for maintaining and expanding The Teff Company’s business into new end applications and markets.
Who You Are: You are someone who understands the natural foods industry landscape, including gluten-free and/or ancient grain products. You are proactive, creative, organized, detail-oriented, an effective communicator, a team player and passionate about good food.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide exceptional customer service, forging and maintaining customer relationships
• Expand customer base, including grocery and food manufacturers, achieving sales growth while optimizing profitability
• Develop and maintain lead-tracking process within CRM
• Identify customer targets, qualify leads, and implement effective lead-nurturing and conversion strategies, tracking all within CRM
• Develop sales reporting tools and analyze trends to influence further action
• Develop strong understanding of teff attributes and leverage them to address customer needs
• Meet with customers to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
• Collaborate with Marketing for creation of consumer education and promotional materials
• Establish relationships within key accounts at buyer, influencer and decision-maker levels
• Manage third parties such as Amazon storefront, grocery distributors and brokers
• Seek and identify opportunities for improving processes to enhance the customer experience
• Represent company in customer meetings, industry events, conferences, etc.
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with business emphasis preferred
• 2-4 years’ experience in food industry, with preferred emphasis in natural CPG
• Self-motivated, curious, and flexible in adapting to changing business needs
• Effective communicator, adept at customer relationship management and negotiation
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Creative problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively to complete projects and initiatives
• Willing and able to adapt and flex to frequently changing internal and external environments
• Other related assignments, as agreed
Job Location: Boise, ID
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes, up to 25%
Preferred Experience: 2-4 years
The Teff Company has been working with Western farmers to grow high quality teff since 1986. Since then, we have been serving traditional communities living in the United States and also introducing new people to teff and it’s benefits.
The Teff Company grows Maskal Teff in the western USA, a non-GMO gluten-free grain that’s a superfood full of high quality complex carbohydrates, proteins, minerals, and fiber. Explore our website to learn how to make injera and find other teff recipes using our teff flour, a delicious compliment to Ethiopian food, Eritrean food, or any gathering.