Position Summary: The Sales Manager is a full-time position responsible for growing The Teff Company’s business into new end applications and markets. Teff is best known as the primary ingredient in injera, a fermented flat bread, but this tasty, nutritious, and versatile grain is capable of so much more and we need someone to help un-tap that potential. You’ll be joining a fast-growing entrepreneurial company working to deliver high quality teff and teff-based products to consumers and manufacturers.
Who You Are: You are someone who understands the natural foods industry landscape, including gluten-free and/or ancient grain products. You are proactive, creative, organized, detail-oriented, an effective communicator and, most of all, passionate about good food.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service, forging and maintaining customer relationships
- Develop strategic business plans and track to achieve or exceed sales goals
- Expand customer base, including grocery and food manufacturers, achieving sales growth while optimizing profitability
- Present sales reports and defensible forecasts to management
- Manage third parties such as grocery distributors and brokers
- Develop, implement, and execute retail/e-tail channel strategies
- Seek and identify opportunities for improving processes to enhance the customer experience
- Represent company in customer meetings, industry events, conferences, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with business emphasis preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in food industry, with preferred emphasis in natural Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- Ability to develop and implement sales infrastructure (sales compensation plans, territory and account strategies, sales reporting, targets, etc.)
- Self-motivated, curious, and comfortable with ambiguity typical of a small, growing company
- Effective communicator, adept at customer relationship management and negotiation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset, creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as required, to complete projects and initiatives
- Willing and able to adapt and flex to frequently changing internal and external environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Job Location: Boise, ID
Position Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Preferred Experience: 2-4 years
Starting Date: ASAP
Please send your resume to TeffJobs@TeffCo.com.