Vegan Teff Chai-Spiced Waffles
Make an extra batch and freeze for a healthy breakfast any day of the week. Just heat on 350°F right on the oven rack until thawed and crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Read Kathy's entire post about these yummy waffles here.
Author: Kathy Hester, Healthy Slow Cooking
Serves: 4 waffles
- 1 cup Maskal Teff® flour (brown or ivory)
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspooon ground cardamom
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1¼ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- ¼ cup avocado oil or other mild oil
- ¼ cup brown or coconut sugar
- Heat your waffle iron. Mix the dry ingredients (flour through cloves) together in a small mixing bowl. Mix the nondairy milk and oil in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Spray both of the cooking sides of the waffle iron with spray oil. Do not forgo the oil because these waffle tend to stick.
- Pour a heaping ⅓ cup of batter in the center or use the measuring cup that came with your waffle iron. Close the waffle iron and cook as directed, until crispy.
- Remove carefully with tongs and put on a cooling rack to keep it crisp as you finish cooking the other waffles.