A gluten-free summer cake prepared in a loaf pan. Feel free to top with whatever stone fruits are in season.
Plum and Blackberry Slice
Serves: Loaf pan 4˝ x 9 ½˝, slice into 6-8 rectangles
- ½ cup Maskal Teff® ivory flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup gluten-free baking flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or other plant milk)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 plums, cut into 12 slices each
- 6 blackberries (or berry of choice)
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mash the banana, and then add the egg, vanilla, milk, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup. Whisk well.
- Add the melted butter or oil and whisk to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Top with plum slices and blackberries. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove and cool on a rack. Slice into 6-8 rectangles or triangles.