These brownies are fudgy and moist in the middle and slightly crispy on top, just the way I like them. You can’t tell these moist brownies are gluten-free. Read Kathy's complete post on Healthy Slow Cooking here.
Author: Kathy Hester, Healthy Slow Cooking
Serves: 12 Brownies
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds mixed with ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup brown or coconut sugar
- ½ cup white or raw sugar
- ¼ cup avocado oil or other mild flavored oil (*or use mashed avocado to make these no oil added)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup brown Maskal Teff™ flour
- ½ cup cocoa or cacao powder
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil an 8 x 8 inch pan and/or line with parchment paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients (flax seeds through vanilla) together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients (salt through cacao powder) in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix well. The batter will be very thick.
- Add ½ cup walnuts and stir in.
- Scrape the batter out into your prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the additional ¼ cup walnuts over the top and press in with your hands.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in pan, cut into 12 squares and enjoy!