A superb flat smear of your favorite grains sprinkled with pistachios. This tasty snack is packed full of fiber and protein to help you get through your slow afternoons!
Pistachio Amaranth & Teff Crisps
Serves: Makes 16 crisps
- ¼ cup Maskal Teff® ivory grain
- ¼ cup amaranth
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, finely chopped (¼ cup pistachios in shells)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small pot, combine the teff and amaranth with 1 ½ cup water over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and the grains are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Coat the parchment paper with olive oil. Drop evenly spaced tablespoons of the cooked grain on the parchment paper and use a spatula, coated with olive oil, to spread the grain in a very thin layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pistachios.
- Bake until the crackers start to lift from the parchment paper and are golden brown, around 35 -40 minutes, then flip over and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes to crisp up the middles.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.