This falafel recipe includes medicinal mushrooms but you can leave them out to make the recipe less complicated.
Author: Edgar Castrejon, EdgarRaw
Serves: 10-12 falafels
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans, rinsed and dried
- ⅓ cup of Maskal Teff flour, brown or ivory
- 1 tbsp of ginkgo baloba, optional
- 1 tbsp of reishi, optional
- 1 tbsp of chaga, optional
- ½ cup of parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup vegan yogurt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of fresh oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Process all falafel ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until desired consistency.
- Use an ice cream scooper to create same sized falafels.
- Place falafels on a parchment paper lined baking a sheet. Bake 45 minutes or, for crispier falafel, bake up to an hour.
- Frying option: Heat coconut oil in a ceramic pan over medium to high heat and fry falafel for 5 minutes on each side.
- Blend all the ingredients thoroughly.