Vanilla Cardamom Pudding
Teff's natural sweetness makes a delicious pudding with mineral rich benefits. Serve with coconut cream or whipped cream and berries for a super snack, breakfast or dessert.
Author: Leslie Cerier
- ½ cup Maskal Teff grain, ivory or brown
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Boil and simmer teff, coconut milk, water, cardamom and sea salt in a 1-quart sauce pot for 15-20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and it is thick like porridge.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, if you like.