Author: Edgar Castrejon, EdgarRaw
- 1 cup Maskal Teff® flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 flax "eggs"
- 1½ cups coconut milk (canned)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted (works without oil, but not as moist)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- ½ cup soaked pitted dates (6 or 7 large)
- ½ cup agave or maple syrup
- 20 drops stevia extract (optional for more sweetness)
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 30 drops stevia
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- Chocolate and strawberry pieces for garnish
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Make flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp of flax meal and 5 tbsp water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients Sift and place in bowl.
- Blend all wet ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and warm.
- Add wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well with a whisk
- or fork.
- Line an 8-inch cake tin with parchment paper. Pour in cake batter and even out the surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes (or 37 minutes for extra moist cake).
- Remove from tin and let cool for 15 minutes or longer.
- Cake may be frosted when completely cool.
- Blend cashews, water, stevia and chopped strawberries until completely smooth.
- Frost the cake and top with berries and chocolate pieces.
- Alternatively, once cool slice the cake horizontally and ice with chocolate ganache.