Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Brownies
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon melted organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs (preferably pastured)
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown or ivory teff flour
- ½ cup organic cocoa or cacao powder
- ⅓ cup organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup organic dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small fry pan.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch round or 8”x8” square baking pan with 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil.
- Set aside the rest of the melted coconut oil to cool, while you combine all the other wet ingredients.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add and stir in the water, maple syrup, and vanilla to the eggs. Then add and stir in the coconut oil.
- Add the teff flour, cocoa, brown rice flour, coconut flour, ½ cup chocolate chips, baking powder, sea salt, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, scraping the bowl to get every last speck of chocolaty goodness. Decorate the top with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and eating-if you can wait that long!