Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Vanessa Musi, chefvanessamusi
Serves: 4 small cookies
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) butter unsalted: at room temperature
- 1.42 oz (40 grams) brown sugar (light or brown)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.14 oz (32 grams) Maskal Teff® ivory flour
- 1.42 oz (40 grams) almond flour (blanched and fine)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda (at high altitude use half)
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 0.9 oz (25 grams) chocolate 72% chips
- Maldon salt flakes to sprinkle on top
- In a large bowl with a whisk mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla to combine (don't whisk to much or the cookies will spread).
- Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Add flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined. Batter will be quite thick.
- With a rubber spatula fold in chocolate.
- Shape cookies with a large scoop and put onto the baking tray (don't flatten) and freeze for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake frozen cookies for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the edges. Remove from the oven and sprinkle some Maldon salt on top.
- Let cool and remove cookies with a cookie spatula. Move to cookie rack to finish cooling. Cookies keep well for about 3 days stored in an airtight container.