Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Waffles
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup Maskal Teff® brown flour*
- ½ cup organic cocoa or cacao powder
- ½ cup organic dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons organic maca powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons organic lucuma powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in water, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add flour through sea salt and stir until well combined.
- Brush top and bottom surface of waffle iron with oil. Ladle in enough batter to cover bottom surface of iron.
- Close waffle iron and cook until steaming stops or the waffle is golden brown.
- Serve immediately as is, or with your favorite toppings.
* If not using the lucama or maca powder, add an additional 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons teff flour.