Cranberry and Date Scones
Teff's natural sweetness make these cranberry date scones wonderful for breakfast and tea parties.
Author: Leslie Cerier
Serves: 8 scones
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup organic plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons ivory Maskal Teff™ flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup organic cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup organic pitted dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet with 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, and set aside.
- Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir briefly to form a moist dough.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons teff flour on a pastry board, roll out the dough about 1 ½ inch thick into a round pie-like shape. Slice into 8 wedges.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes, or until bottom of the scones are golden brown. Let cool before eating.