Millet and Teff with Squash and Onions
Go with the grain! Teff grain is great mixed with other grains to create a texturally interesting dish. Like this recipe that includes millet plus squash and onions for a hearty fall or winter side dish.
Author: Leslie Cerier
- 1 cup millet
- ½ cup Maskal Teff™ grain
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 butternut squash, skin removed and cut into bite sized or larger chunks
- 4½ cups of water
- Rinse millet until water is clear. Place in a large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Check seasoning and serve.