Molasses Cherry-Chip Skillet Brownie
A decadent and super easy vegan, gluten free brownie dessert with a secret ingredient of chickpeas!
Author: Sappho Hatzis
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Maskal Teff® ivory flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ almond milk (or other plant based milk)
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup each of dried cherries and chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease two small cast iron skillets, or a small brownie tin.
- Blend all the ingredients except the cherries and chocolate chips in a high speed blender until super smooth.
- Stir in cherries and chocolate chips to incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared cast iron skillets and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the brownies sit for 5 minutes before serving with berries and ice cream. Left over brownie can be reheated.