Pumpkin Teff Cupcakes
Author: Edgar Castrejon, EdgarRaw
- 1 cup soaked dates**
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 20 drops stevia
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 cup Maskal Teff® flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon (or both)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups soaked cashews
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 10 drops stevia
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the milk and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place dates, milk and apple cider vinegar, almond butter, and stevia in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree and vanilla paste. Blend until smooth.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the blended wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a cupcake container with or without cupcake papers. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Frost and serve.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until completely emulsified.
- Pour frosting into a container and let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes. (For thicker frosting wait longer.)
- Frost the cupcakes, serve and enjoy.
** Soak dates in hot water until soft. If the water reaches room temperature and the dates aren’t soft enough, soak in hot water again. Drain.