Sweet Dessert Pie Crust with Dried Mangoes and Dates
Dates and dried mangoes, cinnamon and nutmeg naturally sweeten this quick and easy vegan and gluten-free no bake pie crust.
Author: Leslie Cerier
Serves: 1 10-inch pie crust
- ⅔ cup Maskal Teff grain, brown or ivory½ cup pitted dates, chopped
- ½ cup dried mangoes, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine and bring all the ingredients to a boil in 1-quart stockpot. Lower heat to low and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When all the water is absorbed, pour the teff and dried fruit mixture onto a 10-inch pie pan. Spread the teff mixture evenly over the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes to set.
- Add your favorite raw cheesecake pie filling and serve. You can also add your favorite fruit or pumpkin pie filling; bake and let the pie cool before serving.