Whole grain, vegan burger made using teff, black beans and mushrooms!
Author: Edgar Castrejon, EdgarRaw
Serves: 4-5 patties
- 1 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cooked black beans, strained & rinsed reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice
- 2 tablespoons of juice from black beans
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon Maskal Teff® flour
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Vegan cheese
- BBQ sauce
- Add all patty ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix approximately 40 seconds or until the texture is consistent with no big chunks.
- Put filling in a large gallon-size resealable bag. Cut 1" hole in the corner to create a piping bag.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat with a little oil.
- Squeeze mixture out of bag, using a silicon spatula to form a uniform patty.
- Cook for about a minute and then flip. Add cheese, if desired, along with a tablespoon of water and cover pan to help the cheese melt. Heat approximately 1½ minutes more.
- Construct your burger and enjoy.